US BMW Traffic Pro in 530i?

I am considering switching out my factory head unit with a BMW Traffic Pro but am concerned about what I will lose in terms of functions on the cluster
(high version) display and on the MID display. Has anyone put a BMW Traffic Pro in an E39 (photos of it installed?) and/or can comment on functions lost and information no longer displayed? Is the factory MID removed? Any and all info and tips welcome. Thanks, Larus (in St Louis)