water in sill?

Just started getting a sloshing sound from near side sill on my E46 when braking. On closer inspection there are drips of water coming from the sill.
Firstly, is it possible that the sill can have water ingress? If so, any advice on why the water wouldn't be draining? I assume there are drain points, but where are they?
thanks in advance G
I had a similar problem on a Vauxhall Corsa.
Turned out the drain hole from the sill was blocked.

Have now managed to clear the water. Grabbed one of the plastic jack points, put some pressure on it to allow some air flow, and water drained away.

Pull it out completely, and clear it out. I had the same problem on my E36, found that the jack point had become clogged with silt which was stopping the water draining out - the sunroof drainage runs into the sills. Since cleaning it out I've not had any water build up.
Dan