What accounts for the 10 hp difference...

between the 330ci and the one with the sports package?

I presume you mean the Performance Package. The sports package is seats/wheels&tires/trim. The difference between PP and normal cars is just some tweaks to the ECU AFAIK.
Floyd
Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking.
wrote

In which case it's funny how Dinan claims that the OEM software has "left no horsepower for we tuners to extract", yet BMW comes around and pulls out 10hp more...
http://dinancars.com/SeriesPrint.asp?prod09
Of course, no one knows this programming better than the manufacturer, so it's not all that surprising that BWM could do it but a tuner couldn't.
Cheers,
Pete

Yes, but they added more than a chip. Dinan claims no hp gain, Conforti about 3hp (or 6 with CAI), powerchip around 13 (with 93 octane) .... hmmm.
R / John