what is the best navigation system to by for a 98 740il

I would like some solid advice on which factory navigation system for a 98

740. I would like to purchase the tv module as well. Do they have a satelite connection for tv or radio?
Reply to
mykeee

"mykeee" wrote

I don't believe that you can install even a factory system in a car that didn't have it originally. I believe that the wiring is different.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

The BEST Nav System has nothing at all to do with the car it is installed in. Why buy a factory system for an 8-year-old car when the aftermarket units are both cheaper and better?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

One can retrofit the wiring too! But it won't be cheap. Wiring looms go for hundreds on ebay & that's even before you've bought the monitor, DVD drive etc.

I retrofitted an old nav unit to an E38 but it already had TV so it was easy.

Reply to
adder1969