What is the proper way to test Fuel Pressure Regulator/fuel pump

I posted a while back about my hesitation problem (see below) One of you suggested I test and or replace the Fuel Pressure regulator. How is this done. I have 190 psi compression (all 4), Vacuum is 18 in Hg, fuel pressure still unknown, my guage only goes up to 15 psi so I will have to save that step for last. I have had this problem for months now and don't think it is low fuel pressure because I don't think my engine could have survived that long on a lean condition. What do you guys think? Thanks

Hello all, I have been battling a problem with my 93 318is for about 5 months

now. It runs strong when cold but as it reaches normal operating temp,

it seems to bog down when the accelerator is applied medium to hard. I

have learned to back of the accelerator just a bit and the hesitation goes away, as long as I apply the accelerator slowly thereafter. I have checked and replaced all old or worn vacume hoses. I have sprayed

carb cleaner around hoses to identify leaks. I have good compression and burn no oil. (plugs are all normal) I have taken the Idle air control valve off and cleaned it. If the fuel pump was weak, would it

Reply to
daveck2

I am not much of a mechanical authority - but I did have a recent victory when it comes to getting my car running correctly.

My car was bogging down and losing power when I accelerated. It was a problem that just came on all of a sudden

I replaced the "mass airflow sensor" - and very luckily that fixed the problem. My car runs like new.

The mass airflow sensor should be located immediately downstream from your air filter.

I got a rebuilt one for $125.00

- Ben

Reply to
Ben Martin