What tools needed to replace bushings?

Within a week or so I will be replacing shock cartridges in the front struts and replacing the rear shocks on a 1988 325ic.
While I am under the car I plan on taking a close look at all the
various bushings as I understand they can be shot at around 125k, which is roughly the current mileage.
Having never replaced bushings before, are there any special tools that make the job easier? I can picture using a large C clamp to press new ones into place, but what about getting the old ones out?
Christopher
On 26 Jan 2007 12:12:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

A 10 ton hydraulic press would be very helpful if you can get the bushing on their own.
Most units come complete with bushings at a $$$$$$ price. But I expect somebody will say they can do it with a bent screwdriver and big hammer.
Sir Hugh of Bognor
Depending on which bushing. The front control arm bushing can be pounded in/out with an appropraite size socket or pipe. A large vise can be rigged to press them as well. Some of the other ones I've not had to deal with yet. Wait until you need to do a rear wheel bearing... FUN!!!
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:17:15 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

You can get them out fairly easily - getting them in can be more difficult.
Ideally you want a bench press, but as suggested a large vice can be employed if you are strong enough, however even then you may need a pipe over the bar and the bar will bend before the bush / bearing will go in...