What Transmission and how to change fluid??? BMW 318

Hi All, Could anyone please help with the above question as i really want to change the trans fluid asap thanks in advance :wink:

Thread archive:

It would help if you state whether you have a MANUAL or AUTOMATIC transmission!

It helps to know if you have a manual or automatic, and the model year.
I going to go out on a limb and assume you have an E36 with the manual transmission. There is a plug on the bottom to drain the fluid, and another on the side (passenger side for LHD) models that is the fill hole. Fill until fluid pours out of the hole. The capacity should be 1 liter (1.1qt.)
(It does not seem logical to me, but the pictures in the manual make it appear as if the automatic transmission is done the same way, but the capacity is 1.2 liters (1.3 qt.))
Hi, Thanks for the replies my car is a 2001 E46 318i se Steptronic Touring
"Jeff Strickland" wrote:
> > > Hi All, > > Could anyone please help with the above question as i really > want to > > change the trans fluid asap thanks in advance :wink: > > > > -- > > Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com > > interface > > Thread archive: > > http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Transmission-change-fluid-ftopict247865.html > > > It helps to know if you have a manual or automatic, and the > model year. > > I going to go out on a limb and assume you have an E36 with > the manual > transmission. There is a plug on the bottom to drain the > fluid, and another > on the side (passenger side for LHD) models that is the fill > hole. Fill > until fluid pours out of the hole. The capacity should be 1 > liter (1.1qt.) > > (It does not seem logical to me, but the pictures in the > manual make it > appear as if the automatic transmission is done the same way, > but the > capacity is 1.2 liters (1.3 qt.))

It is an automatic 318