what year did E46 M3 start with DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM?

Hello, Well I just came back from the local BMWdealer,believe it or not the salesman did not know if the M3 i came there to look at(02)had the"CD"version or the"DVD" version of the navi.So with a few quick
taps on my palm treo I had my answer,So i drove there all for nothing i guess. Lucky for me he did advise me that if i wanted the DVD version i could try ebay or aftermarket..So now thanks to this group i do know that there is a DVD or CD version of navi... but what i DONT know is when they made the transistion i'm guessing that anything newer that 2003... am i close to being right? because now i am looking at a few more sheckles Gig

I have a 2003, built in 9/02 that has the DVD nav.

September '03 for Mk 4 DVD
http://www.bm3w.co.uk/techdoc/e46m3changes.pdf

This document is confusing as it lists both 9/02 and 9/03. That said, my 9/02 build has the Mk 4 DVD.
Tom
thanks for the help.. I will continue my search.... the pdf I will save then look at it later on thank again..