whats the diffrence betwwen a 323 and a 325

Looking to buy a 2001 or 2002 BMW...

but just what to know the difference bet 323 and 325

thanks all

janet

Reply to
venus6152

wrote

Since both '01 and '02 are 325i, you don't need to know the difference. ;->

'00 was the last year for the 323i : the engine is virtually the same as the '01 2.5l and has only slightly different hp/torque curves. Most of the changes were in the engine controller.

In BMW parlance, the 2.3 and 2.5 refer to the displacement/size. However BMW often fudges a little - the 2.3 was actually a 2.5.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

And the new (2006) 325i is actually a detuned 3.0!

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

What do they do, use lower compression pistons?

Reply to
E Brown

Single stage intake runner, different cam and software

Kyle.

98 740iL 97 M3
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

Primarily, model year.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

2

:-))

Reply to
nick smith

Sounds like the aftermarket will be able to re-tune it. Of course, if it's like most cases, getting the faster model up front would be cheaper. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

I think you are probably right, and the fully tuned version is probably better equipped as well. Just a thought ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The 330i comes with Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Logic7 audio, power seats,

17" wheels and chrome trim. The 325i has these as options (except the chrome). If you add these to the 325i you're only about $1600 short of a base 330i with now comparable features. Try it at
. I would imagine changing out the engine stuff on a 325i to get to the 330i performance level would cost a bit more than that $1600. Kyle. 98 740iL 97 M3
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

I agree. If one wants the performance of the 330, they should buy the 330 because they will get more than just the engine. The 330 gets better looking tires and wheels if it gets nothing else.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Mixed blessing. Low profile tires (esp Continentals) and soft alloy wheels mean trouble in pothole cities.

Reply to
R. Rikoski

I live in Manchester UK, so I fit standard profile Uniroyal. OK so they are not quite so good at the limit in the dry, but I rarely go near the limit in the dry, and would get an awful lot of tickets if I did. It is however very easy to find the limit unintentionally in the wet. It rains most days in Manchester.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Reply to
Terry I via CarKB.com