Wheel differences

Are wheels from E36, E39 and E46 interchangeable? I am looking to buy some used wheels for an E46.

The E39 are unique. I think E36 and E46 are interchangeable.
R / John

E39's will fit but won't be the right offset or centre hole diameter. E36 and E46 are generally the same fitment, excepting the rears on the M3.

Thanks both for the info..