Wheel refinishing recommendations needed

I've had my 2005 M3 about a year. Yesterday I used a little too much right foot and too little restraint (of course the traction control was off) and the next thing I knew I was sideways at 60 mph with the rear wheels on a gravel shoulder.

The wheels are BBS RGR bright silver painted finish. It's surprising how many little chips you can get in such a short time. I wish I would have had the stock wheels on at the time because I like the RGR's better.

Does anyone know of a good place to get wheels refinished?

Thanks, R.C.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Wiht a last name of Cranium it would seem you might have the sense to tell people WHERE YOU ARE when asking where to get wheels refinished.

But - hey - there's this little place near me that does really good work. Why not go there?

Reply to
admin

Well, since you asked, I'm at home.

When I asked if anyone knew of a good place to get wheels refinished I expected they would share it with the group. Location is not important there are businesses like UPS that ship anywhere.

R.C.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

see, Mr. Cranium is smarter than you buddy ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Where's that trollmeter when you need it?

If the story is true, the OP should buy a 1000 cc sport bike, which would provide greater acceleration and have the tendency to remove him from the gene pool sooner.

Reply to
Nobody Important

I have no experience, but I don't know why any local, dependable body shop couldn't do it.

Googling "refinish wheels" brings up about a gazillion places that claim to be the best.

Reply to
joe_tide

Reply to
Psycho

Well, in that case, I know of a great place in Nan King China. Do you want to ship your (heavy) wheels back and forth to that shop?

You need to at least say what continent you are on... ;-)

Now, to answer your question, since you are obviously on the North American continent:

Fred W

Here you go...

  • *
  • 5 6 *
  • *
  • 4 7 *
  • / *
  • / *
  • 3 / 8 *
  • / *
  • / *
  • 2 / 9 *
  • / *
  • / *
  • 1 _____/_____ 10 *
  • *
  • TROLL-METER *

Now copy that somewhere for future use!! ;-)

Reply to
Fred W

Chris - he wouldn't know a clue if it fell on his head :-),

Reply to
admin

Psycho,

No offense taken. I would hope that you didn't think that was my real name. I don't believe Psycho is yours, but you never know.

Yes this is a serious question. I live in Illinois. I doubt there would be an excellent shop right in my back yard but you never know.

R.C.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Fred,

As you easily figured out I do live in North America. To be more specific, Illinois.

I googled wheel repair and found many hits too. Have you done business with either of the two you singled out?

R.C.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Reply to
Psycho

There's just *no* sneaking anything past *you*, is there, Sherlock?

Reply to
Dean Dark

No, I have not (yet), but have heard good things about both places from other people that have. I do have a set of 16" SAAB wheels that I am thinking of getting straightened and refinished. More likely I'll just trade them in for a set that's already been finished.

Reply to
Fred W