Wheel refinishing recommendations needed

I've had my 2005 M3 about a year. Yesterday I used a little too much right foot and too little restraint (of course the traction control was off) and the next thing I knew I was sideways at 60 mph with the
rear wheels on a gravel shoulder.
The wheels are BBS RGR bright silver painted finish. It's surprising how many little chips you can get in such a short time. I wish I would have had the stock wheels on at the time because I like the RGR's better.
Does anyone know of a good place to get wheels refinished?
Thanks, R.C.
Richard Cranium wrote:

Wiht a last name of Cranium it would seem you might have the sense to tell people WHERE YOU ARE when asking where to get wheels refinished.
<sarcasm/on>
But - hey - there's this little place near me that does really good work. Why not go there?
<sarcasm/off>
Well, since you asked, I'm at home.
When I asked if anyone knew of a good place to get wheels refinished I expected they would share it with the group. Location is not important there are businesses like UPS that ship anywhere.
R.C.

see, Mr. Cranium is smarter than you buddy ;-)
Chris

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

Chris - he wouldn't know a clue if it fell on his head :-),
Where's that trollmeter when you need it?
If the story is true, the OP should buy a 1000 cc sport bike, which would provide greater acceleration and have the tendency to remove him from the gene pool sooner.
Nobody Important wrote:

Here you go...
*************************************************** * * * 5 6 * * * * 4 7 * * / * * / * * 3 / 8 * * / * * / * * 2 / 9 * * / * * / * * 1 _____/_____ 10 * * * * TROLL-METER * ***************************************************
Now copy that somewhere for future use!! ;-)
--
-Fred W

Richard Cranium wrote:

Well, in that case, I know of a great place in Nan King China. Do you want to ship your (heavy) wheels back and forth to that shop?
You need to at least say what continent you are on... ;-)
Now, to answer your question, since you are obviously on the North American continent:
http://www.neww.com /
http://www.rimandwheelworks.com/index.html
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=wheel+repair&num &hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images
--
-Fred W

Fred,
As you easily figured out I do live in North America. To be more specific, Illinois.
I googled wheel repair and found many hits too. Have you done business with either of the two you singled out?
R.C.
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:45:59 -0500, Fred W

Richard Cranium wrote:

No, I have not (yet), but have heard good things about both places from other people that have. I do have a set of 16" SAAB wheels that I am thinking of getting straightened and refinished. More likely I'll just trade them in for a set that's already been finished.
--
-Fred W

I have no experience, but I don't know why any local, dependable body shop couldn't do it.
Googling "refinish wheels" brings up about a gazillion places that claim to be the best.

Richard Cranium, no offense to you, but this is how we normally refer to someone in a mixed environment when we want to call them Dick Head. Since this could possibly be a serious question, your location is relavent as I doubt you want to ship the wheels to Germany if you're in South Dakota...

Psycho,
No offense taken. I would hope that you didn't think that was my real name. I don't believe Psycho is yours, but you never know.
Yes this is a serious question. I live in Illinois. I doubt there would be an excellent shop right in my back yard but you never know.
R.C.

I was pretty sure that this wasn't your real name. Psycho is actually a nick name I picked up in the Air Force. Best of luck with those wheels. I'm sure you'll be aesier on them in the future :)
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:42:15 -0600, Richard Cranium

<top post re-ordering>

There's just *no* sneaking anything past *you*, is there, Sherlock?
--
Dan.