Wheel road rash/scuff repair?

Any do it yourself kits available to repair curb rash on my wheels? Original BMW 16' alloys. What about doing a little grinding and polishing?..

I would suggest a little test on the back edge of the wheel. I know that you won't have it right next to the factory finish but you'll probably get a pretty good idea if this is a valid idea or a bad one.
Good luck, Chris

show me pics and I will tell you exactly what to do... I have seen where people worsen rash by trying to grind or buff... be careful
the proper fix is to weld in a new bead and then turn it down to match the rest, it can be easily done to be perfectly like new.
Randy wrote:

Take a look at www.audioworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml that should help you.
--
Regards

Steve G
SteveG wrote:

OOps, silly me. The URL should be www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml - humble apologies to one and all :-)
--
Regards

Steve G
great site, BUT, it is nowhere near that easy!!! the painting is tough to get it right..... but it is worth a shot!!! Do NOT sand more than you absolutely must!
Thanks for all your imput.. The website http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml was very interesting. I think I'll give it a try...Randy