Wheelsize for 325ci (E46)

What would be the best wheel size for a 325ci(E46)?
The standard size is 205/55/16 but one of the options
is 225/45/17. Is there any great difference to be expected in the handling or in the comfort?
I recently test drove a 320ci with sport-suspension and 225/45/17 front 245/40/17 back. This combination was much too hard for long distance driving although it went well round corners.
Stuart
-----= Posted via Newsfeed.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----
I'm using 225/45x17s on all four corners and this seems to be working out well for me. They replace the 225/55x15s that came stock on my car -- I have the 325i, E36.

Jim

"all seasons" which probably came standard in the 205/55/16 size will give a softer ride then the performance (V or higher rated) rubber included with the sport package. Naturally, the softer the ride, the poorer the handling - so you'll have to decide on the tradeoff.
Tom
"stuart" wrote

Define "best." Best for what? Leasurely cruise down they hwy, track, zooming through the twisties?

Yes. Better handling and worse comfort. A lot depends on a specific tire model as well, as other poster mentioned.

Aha. So, how do you feel about that? :)
Cheers,
Pete