When did BMW's get sports mode?

I do not believe that to be true, and it doesn't matter in the context of this discussion.

If I want my car in Sport mode on the transmission, I still want the AC to work the same, I only want the shift points to be more aggressive.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

From the manual - "ECO PRO (the Eco setting on the Sports Mode button) supports a driving style that saves on fuel consumption. For this purpose, the engine control and comfort functions, e.g. the climate control output, are adjusted."

There are also ECO PRO suggestions that come on the Info Screen.

And at a certain speed, the car will coast to save fuel.

Meanwhile, they're calling it the Sports program when you use the automatic gear shift or paddles for manual shifting.

The Sports Mode, from using the Sports Mode button, gives different suspension and engine control, and can be configured to individual specifications.

There is also Launch Control, where you turn off the Traction Control (or put the car into Sports Plus mode) and keep your foot on the brake and then press on the accelerator beyond the resistance point at the full throttle position. Then a flag appears in the display, the starting engine speed adjusts, and within 3 seconds, you release the brake.

The manual tells you not to do this very often as it wears out components.

Reply to
really real