Where Automatic Transmission fluid?

Where can I find the checker for the Automatic Transmission fluid?? The owners manual does not have it listed? Is this a sealed system?

Reply to
David Brodosi

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:40:53 -0500, David Brodosi waffled on about something:

David, it's usually helpful to state the model and year. :-p

But just in case my psychic powers are strong today I will say that the E36 model had a sealed for life automatic system. Having said that most people recommend having it changed at 100k miles.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

You don't say what car you are talking about, but if the owners manual does not mention one it's probably because it is a sealed "lifetime fill" transmission. It requires lifting the car and removing the fill plug to determine the fill level.

Reply to
Fred W

here's my notes on the issue:

Russ (www.e36coupe.com)

On 22 Feb 2006 08:31:44 -0800, "Russ

" waffled on about something:

I find that document a little worrying, as I was told the level hole was only accurate when the transmission was up to a certain temperature range...

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

You are correct. The procedure according the TIS CDROM does state that the temp must be between certain limits and that the level is checked with the engine running.

JB

Reply to
JB

Yes, I¹m very sorry, it¹s an 1995 525i (left drive).

The only time I question this comes on Monday mornings. I do not drive my car on the weeks, therefore when the car sits, I have the following problem: Start the car, put the car in drive and nothing. Put my foot on the gas, the RPMs go to about 2500, and then the car moves. Doesn¹t just or anything, it just slow to go. Once this happens, everything works great for that time on. Even the rest of the week. But if the car sits, I have a problem. It¹s as if I¹m in my ?49 Dodge fluid drive. The the car in gear, take the foot off the clutch and break, the car will stay there. Increase the RPMs and the car moves. Those who know the ?49 will know the ³feeling²

Again, thanks for all your help!

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Dodgy at snipped-for-privacy@earth.planet.universe wrote on 2/22/06 12:05 PM:

Reply to
David Brodosi