Where to next after my M3?

Hi,
I've owned my M3 since new, 2004, and love it to pieces, it's just a fantastic car. However recently I've been thinking it's slightly dated and
all the new models look much better inside and out.
But what do I change it for? I can't afford an M5 or 6, I like the 650i Sport but it's the top end of what I'd pay and the performance isn't as good as my M3.
I know the new E90 M3 is due in the UK at the end of next year but I don't know if I can wait that long, would be nice to own one of the first though...
Cheers
Daz
"However recently I've been thinking it's slightly dated"...wanna trade for my '88, so old it's almost back in style...lol
Daz wrote:

Two year old car 'dated'? How do you think a replacement will look when the new model comes out?
FWIW stop messing about and buy an M5, even if it isn't brand new.
Pre-order your E90 M3 as soon as you can and excercise some restraint. Whatever car you buy (excluding old classics), there will always be a better newer model of something tempting within a year or two.

Had the same debate myself a few weeks back but with the added complication of wanting to consolidate my existing vehicles into one, so it needs to be 4x4 and able to tow a coupld of tonnes, it needs to be a practical family car, be able to carry big wet dog and be fun to drive.
The only things that got close were an Audi RS4 or RS6 but I know they won't be as much fun as the M3.
How many seats? Does it need a boot?
Porsche 996 Carrera S? Fezza 360? AMG Merc or SL55? TVR? Noble?
In the end I've come to the conclusion I need a pactical load lugger/dog car, a comfortable family car for everyday use and a fun car for recreation. So
BMW X6
Daz wrote:

You don't deserve what you've got.
"slightly dated". Sheesh.
dizzy wrote:

Last I checked, the new 3 coupe & M3 aren't on sale yet. Muppet.
Get a 911 like I did after my M3. You'll never look back

-
Harry wrote:

Ummmm, I hate to state the obvious, but you just did...
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

Not at all obvious, then the OP said the most he can pay is 650i-level, which isn't enough for a 911, I don't believe.
dizzy wrote:

No, I meant you just did "look back"...
Get it? ;-)
--