Which Antenna to use?

I am installing an aftermarket Alpine CD Player in a 95 740iL. I am confused about the dual antennas that I have found attached to the factory cassette player.
Which do I use to attach to the CD player? I have been all over the internet looking for a simple answer, and I thought that this might be the place to get it.
Thanks
Jon Lancaster snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

The original uses a system called diversity reception. With a portable FM radio you've probably noticed that moving the set or aerial a small distance can alter the reception quality. Your original radio makes use of this effect by picking the best signal from a pair of aerials. If the replacement doesn't have this feature just use either one, I'd guess.
--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film *

On 25 Mar 2007 18:12:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

the one that works - No instruction book?
Sir Hugh of Bognor
On Mar 26, 3:58 am, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

I assumed it was a diversity antenna, but I was surprised that none of the adapters took it into account. I guess I'll go with the smaller one, and see how it works.
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It is a diversity antenna system. (Hugh - you're learning something, pay attention!)
The large "normal" looking connector (it's actually a euro antenna connector - you'll need an adaptor) carries both AM and FM signals. The small one is FM only.. so you want the larger of the two.