which has a bigger trunk- E28 5 series or a W124 Mercedes?

which has a bigger trunk- E28 5 series or a W124 Mercedes?
I love my 520i but we are getting a 300E I hope I'm doing the right thing as the BMer has been flawless- NO major
repairs required in 5 years!
Although I do suspect my luck may be up!
anyway, does anyone know which has a bigger trunk please?
jom wrote:

My money would be on the Merc.