Whirring noise 320i

I have a 320i 1991 model and there is this whirring noise that sounds like a slipping drive belt. It only happens when I go above 50 mph. Is it the drive belt or any other? Please help. Thanks.

I have a 320i 1991 model and there is this whirring noise that sounds like a slipping drive belt. It only happens when I go above 50 mph. Is it the drive belt or any other? Please help. Thanks

Maybe the viscous fan coupling has siezed.
Thanks for the advise. I had a close up inspection of the drivebelt this morning and saw several splits on the edges and had it changed myself. Problem sorted. Thanks.
I also had a look on the viscous fan coupling. How do test if it has seized. Please advise. Thanks.

It should spin fairly easily if the engine is cold.
There seems to be no problem on the viscous fan and as you said it spins fairly while engine is cold. Thanks for the advise.