Who makes BMW towbars

Hi. I have a 530D Sport and am having trouble getting a towbar fitted. BMW dealer wants 1200+. A reputable aftermarket company has much experience fitting to 530D SE, but says their normal model will not fit
the Sport (have confirmed this with another company).
I am looking to get a towbar from the BMW dealer spares dept and having my aftermarket man fit it. However, it is still expensive, and I am waiting to hear whether BMW will 'play ball'
Alternatively, does anyone know whether BMW's towbars are manufactured by BMW or by a third-party on their behalf? If so, do you know the name of the third party company, so I can approach them direct?
Regards Ron
Ron wrote:

Is it because of the different rear bumper?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

have you tried http://www.towequipe.com ?
Thx. Looked at them. Could not see anything specifically for an 02 Sports Tourer long-neck detachable.
They do Witter, Bosal & Brink, which definitely do not produce a suitable bar. Not sure about Westfalia and Eurobar. He also mentioned a gdw, which is not on towequipe but are on http://www.towbarsdirect.co.uk/BMW.htm .
Do you know whether any of these make the towbar for BMW?
I should have said that our (newly bought) car has lots of M label plates - It is definitely not an M car, but I think the original owner specified M body mouldings. Not sure whether that affects the bumper.
Thks Rgds Ron
Ron, A quick search at http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/viewforum.php?f=5 "towbar" throws up some 530d folks who have self installed towbars "towequipe" and "Westfalia" are mentioned. Not sure about your bumper type. Search here or post a question and I'm sure you'll get plenty more help.
Yes. Especially, there are no cut markings on the bumper or template available
Rgds Ron