Why is there allmost no E53 talk here ???

just lurking - and e53 issues is far between.....

/Henrik [e53 4.4iv8 - 2001]

Reply to
Henrik Ohm Eriksen

My guess? SUVs (and SAVs) are generally held in low regard by most BMW enthusiasts. You would certainly have to qualify as an enthusiast to read a newsgroup about your car brand.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

There is a fairly active Roadfly message forum for the X5:

Randy W

Heh,

well I went to the roadfly board - and thats fine - lots of e53 discussions there..

why would an enthusiast not buy an x5 ??? - the 4.4 certainly rides nice and fast ;-)

Reply to
Henrik Ohm Eriksen

Because it's a truck?

Reply to
Dean Dark

discussions

Enthusiasts aren't interested in one that merely rides nice however fast it might go. It needs to handle nice as well, and this requirement is hard to meet in an SUV. Jim

Reply to
Jim

well, i assume that handling is better in the normal salons & coupes - but i would say that the x5 has great handling - way better than other SUV's ... sop that makes BMW still deliver in my book..

/Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Ohm Eriksen

"Henrik Ohm Eriksen" wrote in news:4258ccd9$0$149 $ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk:

there is an e53 section at

This is so true. While my old 90 E34 535i/5spd will outcorner an X5 any day, nevertheless, the X5 is a fantastic *driving* TRUCK. I was able to test drive one at a BMWNA driving event and got to take the X5 on a track. No other trucks/SUV/SAV can compare. Chevy Tahoes, Toyota RX300/Landcruisers, and a wide array of Ford SUVs all suffered in comparison to the X5. Even the Mercedes ML thingie was no match.

Reply to
bfd

Henrik

You might want to take a look at this, okay its a 4.8 but just goes to show what an X5 can do...

The only mod AFIAK is the Milltek exhaust. The car in front (before he gives up) is a Caterham which is essentially a purpose built track car.

Reply to
TonyK