Will E46 wheels fit on an E36?

Will E46 wheels fit on an E36? I bought the wife (she hates being called that, by the way) a 95 325i convertible (E36). Can I put a set of stock wheels and tires from my E46
(330xi) on this car? We both hate the E36 wheels and we either buy some new ones or try the E46 wheels on it. Will they fit with no problems? Lug pattern, size, offset, and most importantly, handling?

I'm not sure whether spacers were necessary, but I've seen E36s with 68M wheels on them. (stock sport package E46 330i wheels)

Here is the answer: http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/wheels/2143598-1.html Regards. G. Tarantino - Switzerland
If you search eBay for BMW OEM E36 17" <or INCH> WHEELS, you will get some pretty nice choices. Try 16" and 18" for additional options, or simply try BMW E36 OEM WHEELS and get all ot the choices at once.
The trouble, if ANY, is that E46 wheels MIGHT be wider for the rear than the front, and this might present the E36 with rubbing issues on the rear fender openings.
The bolt pattern and offset is fine, and if the rims are 17 x 7.5, then they are fine. But the rear wheels on a 330 can be 17 x 8.5 or 18 x 9, and this might rub on the fender openings of the E36.
I have 17 x 7.5 rims from a '95 M3 on my '94 325i, and they fit very well. I am not sure if a wider rim will have enough room ...
Check this link for factory BMW rims,
http://www.kalach.easynet.be/bmw_wheels.htm
(Notice that many have a question mark, this denotes that you can click on the ? and get more information, including size. My car came with Style 17, and I recently switched to Style 22, thanks to eBay.)

Tom Allen wrote:

I tried them, the look great, here's a pic:
http://www.allencg.com/BMW325ic.jpg
Those look nice. Do remember what size they are? And, are all four the same size, or are do you have staggered sizes?

Jeff Strickland wrote:

All wheels the same size, they are 17" x 7.5". they were the standard wheels on my 02 330xi with the sport package...number 79 if I recall.