Will the new BMW 3 series result in lower prices for last generation 3s?

Hello, I'm shopping around for a bmw 325/330 in NYC. I found out that a revamped 3 series will be introduced for the first time this year in the USA (in May?). I'm wondering if I should hold off my purchase
until the new models come out and grab a used 2002-2005 at a (theoretically) lower price.
I'm still not certain if the new model will increase or decrease demand for the "older" generation BMW 3s. It's possible that there are many people who actually prefer the old style (like myself), so the price won't go down much (or it may go up.. in which case I should hurry up and buy now).
I presume that the new model was already introduced to the public in Europe? Does anyone know what happened to the demand of the past generation BMW 3s? Is it still too early to tell?
I don't think you will see any difference in the pricing of the 2002 ~ 2005 models, EXCEPT that any remaining inventory of 2005 models might see price cuts to move them off the lots. I can't imagine that there is a huge inventory of '05s left if there is a new model coming in a few weeks.

Dealer incentives on sedans have been ongoing since January (earlier???). They're pretty big for the 330's (moderate for the 325's), and were increased in March. They were originally for RWD sedans, but were expanded to include the AWD's in March, also. Go to the Edmunds web site to look up the current incentives.
[ Also, sedans only. Nothing for coupes or convertibles. ]
--
Darryl Okahata
snipped-for-privacy@soco.agilent.com