Words of wisdom on a 3.0?

Looking at a 1973 BMW 3.0S. Any words of wisdom, or things to look for? Thanks!!

Corey Shuman wrote:

If you'll settle for a '74 Bavaria (essentially the same), I'll sell you one. Look for rust, but don't expect to spend much time doing so. It'll be everywhere. Actually, mine (a former TX car) isn't bad in that department. But it has a cracked block.
If you don't want a project car, check out the Senior Six Registry. Do a search; I don't remember a website address. -- C.R. Krieger Corrupter Extraordinaire
Corey Shuman wrote:

One word for ya... "rust".
It's about the only thing that should keep you from buying one as a project. Pretty much everything else is replaceable...
--
-Fred W