X3 Roof cargo carrier/rack

I've got a 2005 X3 3.0i with the roof rails. Are they strictly decoration, or can I use them to hold a roof carrier? I'm assuming that I don't want anything that's going to rest on/touch the moonroof, but can I get something held above it by the rails?

Toby

Reply to
Toby

If memory serves there is an 80kg load capacity for the roof rails on my 2005 320d Touring, I would assume similar for an X3. This info. is in the owners manual, I guess you have a company / lease car and no access to this. You will need to buy roof bars designed to clamp on to the rails, fix the box/carrier onto the bars.

are a well known brand if you don't like what theBMW dealer has to offer. Adrian

Reply to
AdrianHi

BMW makes a base roof rack for the X3 to which you can customize anything from a surfboard rack to a cargo carrier. Get an X3 accessories catalog from your dealer.

Reply to
John

John & Adrian,

Thanks to both. I'll check it out!

Toby

Reply to
Toby

Skip the part that asks for the trailer hitch info.

Reply to
Dan Krueger