X5 3.0i

I have run into a little problem .My kids were in my vehicle and from moving the seat forward an back turning the portable video on the battery ran down
I have jump started the vehicle .But my service-engine warning light remain on .I have check the gas-cap to make sure it's on tight.It was fine before the battery went dead.any idea y the service engine light remain on?. thanks JR