X5: black radiator grid

a few days ago i saw an X5 which had the chrome parts on its radiator grid in black. Does anybody know if (and if yes: where) you can buy these black parts
and replace the chrome parts by those or if you have to lacquer the chrome parts into black yourself?
I saw a simular thing for the E46 the other day, URL below. It seems to give the car a sleezey look!
http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id

RogerRabbit wrote:

I saw that on a 4.8is recently. It might be/have been an option.
Dan
I also think places like www.bavauto.com sell them as well.

I think it might be part of one of the sport aero packages perhaps.
On non-M cars, this always looks to me like someone stole the BMW's grill during the night, but then tastes do differ. =)
Still, it's easy enough to replace the grilles as they are literally just snap in place and cost peanuts to replace ('peanuts' being $12 for an 'official' replacement chrome insert on an E46 coupe).