X5 free maintenance

I just bought 3.5y old 2002 X5 with 43500 miles on it. I checked that is is covered by warranty till July 2006. How about free maintenance/inspections 1 or 2/oil change? Does it have that too?

Dimag - Bellevue, WA

Reply to
dimag

wrote >I just bought 3.5y old 2002 X5 with 43500 miles on it. I checked that

Yes.

FloydR, Issaquah

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

I believe in 2002, BMWs were covered with a 4 year warranty, but only 3 years free maintenance. Joe

Reply to
Joe C

This is a question.

maintenance link) tells about 4y/50000miles full maintenance. Isthat for the new models or all X5s? I am not able to find any info on2002 models maintenance at the official site. I guess I'll just callcustomer care at BMW and ask about that on Monday. Dimag

Reply to
dimag

I have a 2002 325ci (service date 12/15/01) and was able to get inspection 1 completed just before the maintenance expired (12/15/04). At that time, I still had a year left on the manufacturers warranty (12/15/05). Sometime between the

2002 models and now, they changed to 4yr maintenance coverage. Unless it's different for the X5s, I think your out of luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe C

Must have been 2003 as my Z4 (built in Jan. 2003) has the 4 year maintenance.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

Ditto - both my cars don't expire until late 2007 (Sept for the Z4, November for the 325i). Thing is, I only cover about 5k miles a year in each since I split driving between them - that spreads out the service intervals quite a bit. I may never get to use the free maintenance at this rate. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

I have a similar "problem" with a daily driver 328i, the Z4 and a BMW motorcycle. Buried in the fine print in the manual should be a statement about yearly oil changes & I believe the dealers will provide it as part of the covered maintenance. Maybe you could negotiate a price discount on your next new BMW on this basis!

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

Thanks everybody for the answers - I am out of luck here, in 2002 BMW had 3 year 36000 miles free maintenance policy. Confirmed at BMW USA customer relations.

Dimag

Reply to
dimag