X5 Head lights

My daughter has a 2005 X5 and there is an annoying problem with the head lights. At a random time frame they will dip down for only a second or two and then they will return to the proper level. I saw this happen approximately five or six times in a fifteen minute trip.

She has taken it to the dealer and there was "No problem found."

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks, G.S.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Loose connection on headlight load or just headlights adjust seems most likely.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Does she have Xenon lights?

Reply to
Ali

Ali,

Yes she does.

BTW, the head lights dipping down and then back up to the proper level does this on level roads -- this is not due to a change in the elevation of the road.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Nevertheless, those Xenons aiming point *is* controlled by a circuit responding to input from a vehicle level sensor, and as both lights are dipping together, it seems likely that said sensor is going to Heaven...

Reply to
daytripper

Daytripper,

Thank you for that info. It sounds like the level sensor could be the culprit.

G.S.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Unless you have put a lot of miles on the X5 it should still be under warranty (US).

Reply to
Bob Smitter

I've seen the very same thing on mine

Reply to
Gods of Europe (18 & 5)

It happens when you initially turn them on. If you have the problem after that then something is wrong.

Dan

Reply to
DK