x5 mpg

Hi folks,

Thinking of buying an x5 around 2001 model and was surprised by the mpg figures.

Is it right that the mpg figures for the 3.0 and 4.4 petrol are virtually the same?

tia

Reply to
bt

Don't know about the 2001 models, but according to BMW NA, the current EPA mileage for the 2006 X5 3.0 is about the same (or slightly worse) than the

4.4. I guess 4,700 pounds is a bit much for a 3 litre.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

"Tom K." wrote

Many people don't understand this point. For instance, I had an Isuzu Trooper with the 2.3L I4 engine. It got almost exactly the mileage as the 2.8L V6 model. Most trucks' (including SUVs like the X5) mileage figures are limited by air resistance at highway speeds, and by the weight factor at low (city) speeds.

Since you're in the UK, buy a diesel X5 3.0 - the mileage will be better by far.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Yes - but it will cost a lot more to buy. Early 3 litre petrol are pretty cheap now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Toby

On paper but in a 4.4 the temptation is to boot it a lot which will drink a lot more. I got 33.6mpg on a 500 mile motorway run yesterday in a 3.0d

Reply to
TonyK

Anytime!

Reply to