Your opinion please

Page 2 of 2
I'm just west of T.O. and have been given the name of a mechanic up HWY 404 and Davidson Drive who I might make the trek up to see, where's your guy
located?

I can also recommend and EXCELLENT shop in Oakville. The owner is a former BMW service manager. Since 1987, when any of my cars (especially the BMW's) are out of warranty he's done all the work.

how can I contact him or where is his shop?

ONTARIO AUTO COLLISION
LORENZO PELLICCIOTTA
2212 WYECROFT ROAD
(905) 847-2595
(905) 847-5890 FAX
Speak to Lorenzo (the owner).
He's just off the Don Valley Parkway near Bayview and Danforth.
Hello from Toronto. What's in your garage?

Here's Don's website:
http://www.autotrend.net /
thanx for the recommendation - I'll try to see him in the next two weeks

I agree whole-heartedly - it's finding the shop you're confident in regardless of where it's located, after all driving there is half the fun (the other half is driving back!) Another quick question - did the replacement water pumps have the nylon impeller or a metal one?

has any one heard of 20W50 (Castrol) oil? apparently was used for oil changes for about a year.
Maurice

Nothing wrong with it. That weight was recommended in the early '90s. I have Castrol 20W50 in my '91 525i/M50.
Floyd
maurice wrote:

Yes, It's dino juice (non-synthetic) and castrol calls it "GTX". It ios good stuff, if it is the right grade for the car. I believe that BMW calls for 20W50 if the emp is high enough (never gets that cold).
-Fred W
Malt_Hound wrote:

...and of course "emp" is secret squirrel code for temperature. ;-)
-Fred W

In the UK, it's at the lower end price wise of dino oils. Of course, 'GTX' has changed its spec over the years - like Mobile 1, etc.
--
*Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.*