Z3 1998 1.9 changing filter help?

I pulled the filter and it does not have the either the small or larger small o rings attached. It has the large orange o ring, but not the other two. The filter housing is plastic but does not have a nut on top. It does not appear to be like either of the examples in the Service Manual.

Should I put the o rings on anyway or just leave them off. Is there a type housing that does not using the small o rings?

Help please don't want any trouble down the line.........thanks.

Reply to
Randy

That is the oil filter housing.

Reply to
Randy

BMW typically uses the same oil filter in a number of different filter housings. They provide the filter with O rings to fit ALL the housings. It isn't uncommon to have O rings left over. The tiny one is for the housings with a long center bolt that goes through the cover and the filter holding the cover on.. it goes on the end of the long bolt. Dunno which other leftover you have, but if you've replaced all the O rings you can find - you should be just fine.

Reply to
admin