Z3 Dash dead

Hi

Had a call from a mate this morning, the fuel, speedo and temp guage all died on the way to work.

Any pointers? Could it just be a fuse?

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

If all gauges use the same fuse I would think it blew. But then the question is why did it blow? Also consider what you were doing just before the problem occurred.

"Mark Solesbury" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Reply to
grinder

You aren't going to believe this, but... You most likely have a blown fuse. If it's the one I'm thinking, your brake lites don't work either.

The wiring from the body into the trunk lid have chafed, and shorted out, blowing the fuse for the brake circuit, and guages.

I never found which exact wire, but I messed with the bundle, and pulled a bit of wire past all the pinch points. Solved the issue for the time. I wasn't ever able to go back and repair it, cause the car went away, later.

Reply to
Smash