Z3 Rear Window Replacement

Does anyone have instructions on how to replace, and an on-line source for the plastic rear window on a 1999 BMW Z3 Roadster?

Reply to
A-Friend

The window is frequently listed on eBay.

If you inspect closely around the edge, on the inside, you'll notice there is a zipper that holds the window in place.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

But, IIRC, it's not a DIY job. My dealer used to farm it out with a total labor price of less than $200.00

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

I could be wrong, but I thought the zipper looked pretty easy. My E36 has a zipper, and I thought that replacing the window was a relatively simple task.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I thought so too, but the dealer insisted that it would have to be farmed out. I just lived with it until I replaced the car with a Z4. Glad to hear it wasn't a problem on your E36.

The OP might check Roadfly's Z3 board as I think the subject was discussed there.

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

Thanks Tom,

That is the link I was looking for.

I know it isn't just a zip out - zip in job.

I read that it is about a 2hr job and it takes 2 people.

Reply to
A-Friend

They show up on eBay for about $200 (USD). When the new one arrives, you'll see that there is a zipper to hold it in.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland