Z3 wheel fitment

Has anyone any experience with putting 18 inch wheels on a Z3? Is it doable?

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 22:56:05 GMT, "Data Processing Careers, Inc."

What size tyres were you intending to fit?
Data Processing Careers, Inc. wrote:

Sure. I wouldn't. But you can do it.
Even if you do not intend to buy from them, the Tire Rack website is valuable for answering these sorts of fitment questions:
http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/WheelSearch.jsp?autoMake=BMW&autoModel=Z3+Roadster+2.8&autoYear 98&autoModClaror http://tinyurl.com/mgaql
--
-Fred W

Thanks Fred, I had heard that 18's were a bad idea for a Z3, but I saw 1 yesterday with AC Schnitzer 18's and it was awesome. Why do you recommend against 18's?
Fred W wrote:

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/WheelSearch.jsp?autoMake=BMW&autoModel=Z3+Roadster+2.8&autoYear 98&autoModClar=

For starters, NO sidewall on the tire which spells harsh ride...
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:12:06 GMT, "Data Processing Careers, Inc."

Psycho wrote:

Exactly my sentiment. On my '97 Z3 I had the stock 16" wheels, and in my opinion they were plenty sporty. Remember, it's not (all) about the looks. It's (more) about how the car performs. It will perform better in real world street applications with 16" wheels with good tires than with 18's.
--
-Fred W