Z3 wiper problem

I hope someone has an answer... Driving home in the rain last night, and along a very dark road the wipers just quit. I had been using them on high for the last twenty
minutes. None of the positions of the stalk would get a response from the wipers. I waited by the road for about ten minutes until the rain let up some, then I drove it slowly home. I checked and reseated the 3, 36 and 44 fuses. None of them are blown or burned. the squirts still work.Anyone have any ideas? It's an '89 Z3.
Thanks in advance.
perry lee wrote:

Do you hear anything happen when you turn them on? If so, you may have had some linkage come loose. If no noises at all, the wiper drive motor may have gone TU.

That's quite a rare car indeed... must have been a prototype?
--
-Fred W

Took it to the shop this AM, they said that the bolts holding the wiper motor in place had loosened to the point that the motor dropped out of position and was spinning free. Luckily, nothing was bent or broken, and all we had to pay was the two hours of labor for removing and replacing the cowl. Some lok-tite took care of the loose bolts.
We definitely dodged a bullet on that one!
As for the '89 Z3, it was purely a product of my overtired brain when I typed the post very late last night. It is a '98.
Malt_Hound@*spam-me-not*yahoo.com says...

perry lee wrote:

Ah, too bad. Rather ordinary compared to the 89's... ;-)
But glad you got it sorted out on the cheap.
--
-Fred W