Z4, Anyone have any idea how much to install heated seats

I'm considering a Z4 which doesn't have them.

Any idea how much it might cost to install them?

TIA

Reply to
Bimmer

Not sure what the cost is after market. I ordered them when I bought mine new from the factory last July. Worth every penny here in the cold NW USA.

Reply to
Carl Frisk

It's usually cheaper to find a car with the options you want, rather than retrofit them. I've yet to see anyone install factory heated seats, but you can get aftermarket kits installed for about $250/seat. I've considered them, as my Z4 came without them as well, but always figured that BMW would point to them whenever an electrical problem came up. It's not that big a deal, as mine is actually a fair-weather driver, and my winter car (325i) does have them. But they'd be nice. My next Z4 will definitely have them. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

E Brown said

This is also my concern. I was only considering a OEM install.... though I figure it'll be rather "steep". ;-) If the install was less than a grand, maybe I could swallow it. Given the price of the rest of the car, it doesn't seem to painful.

I'll be driving this year-round in the midwest. My truck has them and wow, they are quite nice.

Thanks

Reply to
Bimmer

I suspect you'll have to get a quote from a dealer - if the do the install.

While I don't drive my Z4 in snow (mid-atlantic area), I do find that the heater warms the car up very quickly and top down driving at anything over

55o is quite comfortable without heated seats.

Naturally, if you'll be driving in snow/ice, winter tires are mandatory on the Z4.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

I checked

for an OEM retrofit and didn't see one. Oddly, they list a ventilation kit for the Z4 that states it isn't available for retrofit. If a BMW dealer does give you a quote on this, please report back, no matter how outrageous the amount; I'm curious. I'll reiterate: for almost any feature, it's better to get it already on the car. The only retrofit I'd accept on my next Z4 would be the hardtop, which is a rare option. (and for the benefit of people outside North America, over here the cars don't come with the hardtop prep kit). epbrown