Z4 question for novel I'm writing

Hey -- I'm writing a piece of fiction, and in it, an '06 Z4 is involved in an accident. I was about to have a piece of evidence left behind at the scene -- a piece of the turn-signal lens -- but it occurred to me that I'd better make sure that's practical. Could it happen?

What I mean is, I know some lower-end cars have an amber plastic turnsignal lens that could easily shatter in an accident. What about the 06 Z4? Is there ANYTHING on the front end of the car that might get left behind at an accident scene (hit-and-run) that could be traced back to the make and model?

Many thanks!

Reply to
KJIsaacson

If the car is a US model, those have a small circular reflector on either side of the front bumper, added in 2005 when the headlights went clear. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

There's a knockout plug on the front end that would provide a paint match. There is also the grill or in this case piece thereof. Or on each side there is also the roundel light. The foglight lens is pretty unique to the Z4 also, I think.

I just got my Z4 and accidents aren't really what I'm thinking about. Shudder - why not wreck a Boxter instead? :)

Reply to
Carl Frisk

Thanks for the suggestions.. The knockout plug should do it. But a coupla follow-up questions:

What's the knockout plug made of? About how big is it? And, uh, what's the knockout plug covering up?

Many thanks! Ken

Carl Frisk wrote:

There is also the grill or in this case

lens is pretty unique to the Z4 also, I

- why not wreck a Boxter instead? :)

Reply to
Ken

Plastic

About an inch.

Same thing it does on all cars - the towing eye.

Reply to
Sam Smith

More specifically, it covers a threaded hole into which the towing eye (from the toolkit) can be turned.

Reply to
Rex B