1977 Eldorado Heater/AC Blower

Does anyone have any experience with that very annoying squeak from the blower? I need to fix this cause it is driving me nuts. How hard is it to remove and replace? I have a shop manual but it is not clear, at
least not at this point. Any advice would be appreciated.
Older mechanics (aka technicians) used to drill small holes at the bearing ends of the motor and oil them. It usually gave you about 6 months quiet before it squeaked again. Most times you just replace the motor. I've done it on a 79 Eldo and it wasn't fun, but not overly difficult. If you followed the shop manual you removed more parts than necessary. Roy