1986 Cimarron

I recently bought this little beauty, and am trying to work out all the bugs. Its been basically sitting for the last 2 years, with no tlc. I bought the parts to replace the water-pump, 3 hoses, thermometer. I
resealed the over-flow tank. A friend took a week to repair, and is charging me $218.00 for his work, and no, hes not a certified mechanic. During this week, we had to replace wrong part, and a transmission fluid leak started during this time, and we had something go wrong with the sensor? Can you tell me if he is charging me too much for his work...Thank-you