1988 Cadillac Eldorado 4.5 (114K Miles)

I?m in the process of reconditioning this car, owned since new. There are two faults I?m trying to nail down.

  1. Driver Information center message "Cooling Fan Fault" comes on as the car warms up and reaches about 230 degrees. But the fan does come on at the same time and rotates normally (fast and smooth) and the temp drops back down. Why does the message appear if the fan works normally?

  1. Fault Code E040 (Power Steering Pressure Switch) - If this switch closes, it opens the circuit to the A/C compressor, preventing it from operating. What could cause this code to set? If the switch is faulty, where is it, and how do I replace it?

Thanks. :?

Reply to
Clifton111