1990 DeVille

Hi, folks, , , , , , ,

I just purchased a 1990 Sedan DeVille. A one owner, little old lady in LongBeach CA, 60K and absolutely immaculate. This is my 20th caddy over the years so they are not new to me.

This one does something strange that someone here may be to enlighten me about. After driving and the car sits for a while, an electric moter fires up and runs for about 30 seconds or so, then stops. I can't figure out what is happenimng here.

Any hints?

Thanx

Ron C.

Dr Pepper

Maybe the radiator fan, or the self leveling motor which may be enough to last for the 5 minute "on" time. Pop the hood and look and listen for either.

Reply to
Don Schmidt

Thanx folks, , , ,

That's what it appears to be, , , , The leveling motor.

I appreciate the answers, , , , , ,

It's been about fifteen years since I've owned a Caddy, and none I've ever had, have had these fancy "automatic" features. I wonder if these things runb down the battery? I live in the California High Desert where temps are in the 120's and up everyday in the Summer, and I don't have a garage, so this puppy really gets hot inside, , , ,

Thanx Again

Ron C.

Dr Pepper

The crusie control on my 1990 Sedan DeVille is inop. The light comse on, and the display reads "engaged", but it does not work. I think it's a vacuum leak, but does anyone here have any hints???

Thanx

Dr Pepper

I had a vacuum bellows go bad on me which causes the throttle control to be ineffective. Figure around $100 for a replacement.

Reply to
Don Schmidt

Cadillac has a delayed accessory power that stays on for five minutes after turning the ignition key off. Your leveling motor will be without power after the five minute time period.

Reply to
Don Schmidt