1990 Eldorado "vapor locking" problem

My 1990 Eldorado acts like it wants to vapor lock. This is happening when I start the car in hot weather. I thought that perhaps vapors were building up in the fuel tank; not the problem. I have had the fuel pump replaced, and the computer. The problem continues. My mechanic is at a loss. The car has run fine throughout all the years that I have had it. Can anyone offer some help?? I hate to keep throwing parts at it. Jana

Reply to
jdp1776

If the problem is really a vapor lock then the fuel pressure is too low. Fuel injected engines keep the fuel under about 43 psi pressure (don't know Cad. spec but will be similar). Low fuel pressure allows the fuel to vaporize = vapor lock. Suggest the fuel pressure regulator be checked.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

What symptoms are evident?

Reply to