1994 eldorado

I know other people have asked this question. But( the big but) I have a 94 cad eldo in great shape inside an out , rides good , has good compression , etc, it has 110,000 miles we have owned it for 9 years
and it has just developed an oil leak . It uses about 1 quart ever 3 tanks of gas,, the dealer wants $2600 to fix it, and it is only worth that much is there any stop leak products that would work any suggestion how to fix myself

Not enough information, Tom. Just exactly where is the leak (i.e.. what is leaking)? What did the dealer tell you they were going to do for $2600?
With some additional details, you might (the big might) get some useful advice here. ;-)
On 29 Nov 2004 12:57:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@jersey.net (tom) wrote:

Uses or leaks a quart every 3 tankfuls? The Northstar engines have been known to develop a case half leak but that is more like seepage and not to the extent you note. If it is leaking a lot you need to determine where the leak is coming from. Often it is from the connections around the oil filter, a simple repair involving just tightening or replacing some O rings and tightening. Sometimes the Northstars burn a bit of oil. A quart in 1000 miles is not unusual. On another board, a Caddy engineer recommends not filling it to the "full" mark but just to the "add" mark and only adding a quart when the low oil light comes on. Supposedly, this is not a problem do to the nature and high capacity of the Northstar oiling system. My '93 is a 4.9 so I have no direct experience with the issue. You can search at www.caddyinfo.com for more details. That $2600? That is why they call them "stealerships". FWIW YMMV DFB
"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all." - Justice William O. Douglas