1995 Sedan Deville: Stop Engine -- Low Oil Pressure

I have a 1995 Cadillac Sedan Deville that is in fantastic shape. A few weeks ago the message "Stop Engine -- Low Oil Pressure" shows up on the display
when at a dead stop, but disappears and stays off once the car is in motion. I replaced the sensor but the light still comes on. I think that the computer may need to be reset? Any thoughts? Thanks!
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:28:48 -0500, "Comcast Customer"

The Caddies, especially the 4.x series, don't do well with aftermarket oil pressure sending units. Unless you used an AC Delco, you might want to try one of those before you get into the expensive things. As an aside, how many miles on the car and what weight oil are you using?
Nicky, I am using 10w30 Synthetic. The car has close to 80,000 miles on it.

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:18:16 -0500, "Comcast Customer"

The oil is correct and the miles are low so at this point I'd replace the aftermarket sensor with an AC Delco. If that doesn't do it, you're likely looking at doing the oil pump. That's pretty rare, though.
Comcast Customer wrote:

Make sure you check it with a oil pressure gauge. It will tell you how much oil pressure you have. good oil pressure at start is around 60psi. After warming on the interstate 30 is OK. If its dropping down to the 10-20psi range you need a new oil pump!