1997 Cadillac STS engine swap

Hello, I have a 1997 Cadillac STS with the Northstar engine. I have a few problems with it and am thinking of replacing the engine. I have found a 1995 Cadillac STS that has been in an accident, but the engine is good. Would this engine be the exact same as mine and allow me to do a straight swap? If not, is there a list somewhere of compatible years/models that would be suitable as donors for my car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks, Kevin Lawrence

Reply to
kevinlawrence79

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: kgc>Hello, I have a 1997 Cadillac STS with the Northstar engine. I have kgc>a few problems with it and am thinking of replacing the engine. I kgc>have found a 1995 Cadillac STS that has been in an accident, but the kgc>engine is good. Would this engine be the exact same as mine and allow kgc>me to do a straight swap? If not, is there a list somewhere of kgc>compatible years/models that would be suitable as donors for my car? kgc>

kgc>Any help would be greatly appreciated.. kgc>

kgc>Thanks, kgc>Kevin Lawrence kgc>

The engine is the same; however, the '95 is still OBD-I ('96 and newer are OBD-II), so you'll have to double check the sensors and their interfaces.

Also, the difference between the STS and SLS engines is only noticeable at peak RPMs (which you are rarely at during every day driving), so considering those would double your chances.

Reply to
Bela