1998 Catera

Is anyone familiar with the headlight scheme on the Catera? The owner's manual says that "the outer bulb is the high beam, and the inner one is for
low beam." Currently mine seems to be wired the other way, if that's possible, and, after paying for a headlight aim, my low beams shoot higher than the highs. I cannot account for this, but, if indeed I'm illuminating the wrong socket in low beam mode, this would account for it. Anyone know for sure how the lights were intended to work on this vehicle?