2000 Deville Rear Disc Brake replacement

I'm replacing the rear disc brake pads on my wife's 2000 Deville. I can't seem to release the caliper piston or shove it back in. I think the problem
has to do with the emergency brake mechanism . Does anyone know how to release the emergency brake at the caliper to allow pushing the piston back to make room for the thicker new brake pads. Definitely not the same as the front which I've already replaced.
Thank You Dale P.................. Outta date technician