2001 Deville DHS - Check Tire Pressure

Can the dash display for "Check Tire Pressure" be altered? I believe it is set to come on when the pressure gets to 39 psi. I would like to have it
set for 44 psi because the present tires have a max rating of 44 psi and the tires are set for 41 psi front and 40 psi rear by the tire shop that recently replaced the tires.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA

the
I don't know for sure because I don't have (ready) access to information for your particular model but my guess would be that the low setting would be 30 with "normal" being 32 or 35.
At any rate, you are being somewhat foolish to run the tires at their max. inflation pressure. They ride better, wear better and are less prone to (catastrophic) early failure when you stick with the recommended pressure (or close to it). Check the sticker on the drivers door if you don't have an owners manual.
What's the point of having a Caddy and then making the tires ROCK hard ????
I may have been unclear in my mail; sorry if so.
The tires presently on the car are rated 44 psi max - premium brand guaranteed 80,000 miles They are set at 41 psi front and 40 psi rear; 3 and 4 lbs below max.
Original equipment were Michelin and recommended to be set at 30 psi
With the present settings of 41 and 40 the car rides better and quieter.
I was hoping the computer could be changed so it would show the warning when the higher max tire pressure was exceeded.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA

No, you were perfectly clear....except for this part which wasn't included:

Exactly what brand and model of tire do you have?
I got some Michelin HydroEdge's. Big bucks and I HATE them. The handling is "jittery"; just don't like the feel or the ride. I did find they are better around 35.
I still think that 10-11 lbs. over the recommendation is asking for trouble. The recommendation is for the tire SIZE, not a specific brand. Watch your "premium" tires for unusual wear, especially down the center.
I'm seriously tempted to junk the HydroEdge's I've got.......even though they still have about 80% tread left. Did I mention that I HATE them? ;-)
Here's the information from the sidewall
Yoyo Tourevo LS Luxury Touring Treadware Traction 700A Temperature B 225/60R16 98T
Bought from Les Schwab a Northwest dealer in 3 or 4 states.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA