2003 STS steering shafts failures?

My 2003 STS is about to go in for a second steering shaft. At 30K miles there was a crunching sound especially when manuvering at slow speeds, (e.g. into a parking space). A replacement shaft solved that. Now closing in on 60 K the same has happened again. There is nothing remarkable about my driving other than conservative. I do not turn at a stop or stress the steering mechanism beyond normal driving.

Anyone else have this?

Bob

Reply to
rleonard